Here you can find a compilation of my skills and attributes shown through examples of my previous work and academic experiences. My print resume is also available and you can visit my LinkedIn page here.
James Madison University 2014
BA School of Media Arts and Design-Corporate Communications
Minor in Music Industry, British Communication & Media
Cumulative GPA 3.2
Opus 3 Artists (Daniil Trifonov, Yo-Yo Ma, Twyla Tharp, etc)
New York, NY
- Digital Marketing Assistant March 2015 – Present
- I am in charge of creating content for and distributing press kits/marketing materials for artists to presenters, publicists, and news publications. As well, I manage social media for business-to-business operations to promote events, album releases, artist signings, etc. I maintain the company website (edit and post photos, bios, videos, audio), post news articles, and measure user responses with SEO and custom social media metrics. I also regularly design and send email marketing blasts via Mailchimp on behalf of agents or managers and their artists. In my time at Opus 3, I also spend a significant amount of time using Adobe Photoshop and Indesign to create custom flyers of our artists that are used agents at national conferences and in general booking meetings. I have also taken over managing all conference preparation for agents and managers, including myself. This includes preparing materials, negotiation registrations, organizing sponsorship deals, and handling travel arrangements. During the winter conferences, I also became Showcase coordinator and took over selecting, negotiating, and organizing venues, catering, production, personnel, and travel for two showcases featuring seven artists, driving an 8% cost reduction. As well, I helped re-organize and prioritize the training of our assistants, which I oversaw throughout their entry to the company.
Lunatic Entertainment (The Temper Trap, Chvrches, Gotye, etc.)
- Intern/Assistant Tour Manager May-August 2013
- I assisted artists, managers, and touring crew through daily duties, advanced tour schedules, spoke and met with promoters, agents, and travel staff to ensure a complete tour schedule. I helped manage the bands as one prepared to open for The Rolling Stones and the other began its first European festival tour.
Everybody’s Management (Mumford & Sons, Keane, Laura Marling, etc.)
- Intern January-April 2013
- I assisted artist managers throughout their daily duties (spreadsheets, press packets, social media, submissions, and various errands), managed the office building and aided any of the artists’ needs.
James Madison University
- Student Caller September 2011 – May 2014
- As a student caller for JMU I built rapport with alumni to bring them back to their time at the university and helped them remain a part of the Madison community. My main objective was to solicit donations for scholarships, endowments and organizations. Personally, I spoke to over 200 friends of the university and raised over $250,000.
My software skills include, but are not limited to:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint & Excel (for both Mac and Windows)
- Toast Titanium
- Google Analytics
- Master Tour
My social media skills include, but are not limited to, the understanding and use of:
I use Adobe InDesign and Photoshop extensively and examples of that work can be found here
I enjoy photography and am proficient in using my personal Nikon D70. The photograph used as the banner for this page is my own shot, as well as the photos included in the sidebar.
Writing is also a passion of mine for both professional and personal use. Highlights of my academic writing are featured on the site as well.